Monday, August 9, 2010

We've got ramp!



Despite the heat and August sun beating down on us yesterday, we managed to get 90% of the framing for the ramp completed-and I only had to go to Lowe's twice! I don't think I am going to miss transporting hundreds of pounds of lumber in my car and on my roof-rack down 29 once this project is over.

We still need to install 8 more joists, attach the guard rails, lay down decking, install the handrail and pour the concrete pad, but things are looking good! The obstacles that we have managed to overcome in these past two weeks alone gives me hope that this ramp can and will be done by the end of September.

We still need to acquire decking material for the ramp and are looking for donations! Please e-mail me with any suggestions for places to find affordable decking in and around Charlottesville, or someone willing to donate materials to this worthy cause!

Another big thank you to Tommy and to the new additions to the FBD crew, Nathan, Sally and Kate (who traveled all the way from UNC to help out)!

Next (mini) workday will be this weekend (time and day TBD) to complete joist installation and prepare for concrete slab pour.

Look forward to seeing you at the site soon!

No comments: